Cardboard display stand, made of corrugated board material, is a commercial advertising carrier whose ultimate goal is to promote products, attract customers to understand product content/commercial events, and induce customers to participate in motivation and desire to buy.
They are exist to bring opportunity for brands to create a unique presence at shops.
Widely used in fields like leisure foods, beverages, cosmetics, consumer electronics.
For example, Ferrero chocolate, Coca-Cola , Budweiser, NIVEA cosmetics and many other brands have adopted retail marketing strategy and achieved good publicity effect! Well-known brands use grand displays at terminal large-scale stores for quick promotion, this gradually become an invisible leading retail marketing direction for other brands and shoppers.
According to real display locations and size, we say they have 5 categories here.
- Floor Displays: directly placed on the sales floor, self-contained, improve product image catch rate by shoppers;
- Dump Bins: commonly used for small-packaging products that customers may want to grab a few of, like candy bars or food accessories, they are helpful for stocking and promoting large quantities in that case.
- Pallet Displays: grand display, ideal for new product launches, seasonal promotions and sales campaigns
- PDQ trays & Shelf Displays: great ways to locate your products in a clean and professional way, while taking advantage of those unique retail spaces;
- Sidekick & Power Wings: attached to the wall of the store or the vertical surface of the display rack to improve the space utilization rate.
Now that you have learned about the basic details of the cardboard displays, how can you implement it with respect to your own brand?
Firstly, the design should be eye-catching and creative.
Foot traffic in retail shops has declined over the past ten years, each store visit now is of greater value. That means every visit is critical to reach your customer. The best way is to make it as eye-catching as possible, like bright colors, large logos, cathy slogan/saying and unconventional shapes.
Secondly, location, location and location.
POP displays give you more location options than supermarket shelves. They can be on the checkout counter, freely standing on the floor or hanging from an aisle shelf. This is great advantage to place your displays in more highly traversed areas of the store, such as the front or ends of the aisles to increase their chances of being seen. Smaller items can be placed in the checkout counter, where customers will be more easily to make the purchasing decision while they wait.
You can also try cross-marketing. Place your product near complementary ones that are commonly used together. Example like if you see peanut butter, the location near breads aisle will be matched. The display stand will work as a reminder for someone looking for bread also take some butter spreads home. This will be convenient for buyers to grab, they don’t need to go somewhere else in big store.
Thirdly, educate about your brand.
POP displays allow you more space to better educate buyers on the unique value that your product offers. That’s easy to achieve through slogans,logos, or colors that you want to be associated with your product. Communicate to as many people as possible among the buyer enter the store. Entice the buyer to pick up your product to learn more then we have half done.
Club Stores and Retailers will have different structural requirements as part of their vendor compliance guidelines. One Plus Display has years of experience delivering retail approved display stands, so you can sleep at night.
Here are our 6 steps to design an effective cardboard display stand.
- Learn product information and customer requirements, combine the designer’s practical experience for conceptual design;
- Doing Structure design;
- Estimation and verification of the overall performance of the display stand;
- Make sample, test and improve the prototype, then confirm the structure design plan;
- Graphics design to apply printing on the display stand;
- Make installation instructions
Conceptual design is the beginning of the product life cycle. It is also the most mattered step in the process. Good conceptual design + exquisite graphic design is the biggest selling point in each retail display project. They will work together to inject vitality into the display stand.
Conceptual Design we will Integrate the resources obtained from existing products, markets and customers, combined with the practical experience of the designer, design and determine the function, type, capacity, dimension, visual innovation point, production type and final display effect of the display stand.
The flute type of corrugated cardboard used to make the display stand should be determined according to the use occasion, the weight of the display product, the structure and the strength requirements of the display stand.
Most of the display stands are assembled from several parts, so installation work instructions are required to guide the end-user to assemble them into correct shape quickly according to designer’s intention.
Talk with our team today about your next display project!
Email – email@example.com
Phone – +86 0755 2321 6405